Our four week course run on Thursday nights for 4 weeks at 645pm (see Services/puppy preschool for dates). Classes will be held at The Dog Den Takapuna.
Our next class starts Thursday 21 January 2021.
As a new pet owner learning to understand your puppies behaviour is invaluable. During the ages of 8-16 weeks, puppies absorb new information much easier and quicker than after this age. This makes puppy preschool so important. Its also a great way to meet new puppy friends, and be exposed to environments.
What is Puppy Preschool:
This 4 week course is run in partnership with Lyn Spathis who has over 30 years experience working with dogs. Classes are made up of up to 6-8 dogs in a safe indoor facility. Our groups are focused to optimise learning.
Classes will be held at The Dog Den in Takapuna, in our day care facility
We cover basic obedience & socialisation to get your pup to be comfortable, focused & following your directions.
We also cover:
- Toilet and crate training
- Learning positive training techniques
- Puppy problems e.g. mouthing, jumping up, etc
- Basic obedience skills: recall, sit, down. lead walking
- How to enhance puppy/owner relationship
- Puppy parents will also gain an understanding of canine communication, to help understand how your puppy is feeling.
- We will provide an introduction to doggy day care.
At the end of the 4 weeks, your puppy will be presented with a personalised graduation certificate and a voucher for 1 full day or two half days, day care at The Dog Den.